Queensland man charged after allegedly inciting violence against political bodies
Investigators allege the man encouraged people to carry out acts of politically motivated violence in Australia and overseas.

An Australian man has been charged after allegedly inciting violence against political institutions on encrypted social media platforms.
The Joint Counter Terrorism Team charged the Queensland man following a raid at Bowenville, about 140km west of Brisbane, on Friday.
Police say the team identified several “concerning posts” on an encrypted social media platform earlier this month.
Sign up to The Nightly's newsletters.
Get the first look at the digital newspaper, curated daily stories and breaking headlines delivered to your inbox.
By continuing you agree to our Terms and Privacy Policy.Investigators allege the 48-year-old encouraged people to carry out acts of politically motivated violence in Australia and overseas.
He was charged with using a carriage service to menace, harass or cause offence.
Australian Federal Police Detective Superintendent Bill Freeman said they would act on information about individuals allegedly promoting or encouraging violence online.
“Protecting the community from harm is our highest priority, and that means acting early when we see warning signs of extremist or violent behaviour,” he said.
“Through the JCTT, we combine our skills and resources to ensure threats are identified, assessed and disrupted before they can escalate.”
Queensland Police Counter-Terrorism Superintendent Jason Hindmarsh said they were committed to the prevention of violence.
The 48-year-old is due to appear in the Warwick Magistrates Court on Saturday.
Originally published as Queensland man charged after allegedly inciting violence against political bodies
