Marius Borg Høiby: Norway royal touched, filmed sleeping woman, court told

A woman has told an Oslo court the eldest son of Norway's crown princess touched and filmed her while she slept.

Staff Writers
Deutsche Presse Agentur
Norway's Marius Borg Hoiby is accused of touching and filming a woman while she slept. (AP PHOTO)
Norway's Marius Borg Hoiby is accused of touching and filming a woman while she slept. (AP PHOTO) Credit: AAP

A woman told an Oslo court that Marius Borg Høiby touched her sexually and filmed her while she was asleep in a hotel room.

“I woke up several times to find his fingers inside me,” she said of the alleged rape by the eldest son of Norway’s crown princess, the Norwegian newspaper Verdens Gang reported.

The woman said she had travelled with friends for a weekend trip to Oslo in November 2024 to attend a concert by the band Aqua and met Høiby through an acquaintance.

Sign up to The Nightly's newsletters.

Get the first look at the digital newspaper, curated daily stories and breaking headlines delivered to your inbox.

Email Us
By continuing you agree to our Terms and Privacy Policy.

The two grew closer during drinking games in which they exchanged items of clothing, as well as through conversation.

Later, she testified, they had consensual sex at the hotel where she was staying.

However, the atmosphere suddenly changed, she told Verdens Gang: “He seemed obsessed with my lower body and as if he would never stop.”

She said she thought she saw flashes of light and immediately suspected they were coming from Høiby’s camera.

She only contacted police later, after hearing about other alleged victims of Høiby, the report from the Oslo District Court said.

Investigators said they found that 27 videos had been recorded during the night and early morning.

Høiby faces a total of 38 charges, including four counts of rape, in a case that has shocked Norway and drawn global media attention. The trial began on February 3.

The 29-year-old has denied the rape allegations, as well as other sexual offences included in the indictment.

If you or someone you know needs help, contact 1800 RESPECT (1800 737 732).

Latest Edition

The Nightly cover for 18-02-2026

Latest Edition

Edition Edition 18 February 202618 February 2026

Only one ISIS bride blocked from returning to Australia as PM makes passport admission.