Epstein scandal forces Sarah Ferguson to shut six of her businesses in just three days

‘It’s a bonfire of Fergie’s vanities.’

Eloise Budimlich
The Nightly
The backlash over her friendship with Jeffrey Epstein is making Sarah Ferguson’s path forward pretty shaky.
The backlash over her friendship with Jeffrey Epstein is making Sarah Ferguson’s path forward pretty shaky. Credit: Samir Hussein/Samir Hussein/WireImage

Following the latest release from the Epstein files, Sarah Ferguson has faced embarrassment after embarrassment.

From being forced to sneak in and out of the Royal Lodge before she and her disgraced ex-husband Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor were officially given the boot.

Now, the fallout continues as Ms Ferguson’s post royal-future appears to look more grim than ever before.

Sign up to The Nightly's newsletters.

Get the first look at the digital newspaper, curated daily stories and breaking headlines delivered to your inbox.

Email Us
By continuing you agree to our Terms and Privacy Policy.

In just three days the former duchess has been forced to shut down six of her businesses.

The 66-year-old hasn’t been seen in public for more than two months, having been smuggled out of the Windsor estate under the cover of darkness.

As revelations of her own personal connection to convicted paedophile Jeffrey Epstein came to the fore, she launched winding-up orders for companies in her name.

On Sunday, Planet Partners Productions Ltd began proceedings to close, The Sun reported.

Fergie’s Farm Ltd, which was founded about 12 years ago, was wound up with just less than $2 million. Philanthrepreneur Ltd, which has been operating for more than 10 years, is also due to close up.

Solamoon Ltd, La Luna Investments Ltd and Ms Ferguson’s PR firm S. Phoenix Events Ltd have each come to an end - bringing the total closure number up to six.

Margaret Holder, a royal commentator, said the rapid winding up was “a bonfire of Fergie’s vanities”.

Although Ms Ferguson has always faced public scrutiny for her connection to Epstein, this was previously more because of her continued close relationship to her ex-husband.

Amongst the more than 3 million documents published by the US Department of Justice in the most recent disclosure, it was revealed that Ms Ferguson had a friendship with the sex offender.

The files show that Ms Ferguson was still in contact with the sex offender after he was released from prison.

Just five days after his release, Ms Ferguson went to lunch with Epstein and brought her two daughters, Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie with her.

In 2009, she called Epstein her “brother”.

“Thank you Jeffrey for being the brother I have always wished for.”

She even referred to him as a “pillar” in a 2010 email.

This comes after an insider revealed Ms Ferguson had made a vow about her next steps.

According to The Mirror, she told friends: “I need to get back to work. I need money,” she said.

But her opportunities to work, and her financial standing each appear significantly threatened by surging public outrage and distrust in the monarchy.

It is understood that she is currently in the UAE as she tries to “get her head together”.

“When I come back I am going to have to put some distance between myself and Andrew,” she told friends.

In another blow, her charity Sarah’s Trust has also been closed down.

“Our chair Sarah Ferguson and the board of trustees have agreed that with regret the charity will shortly close for the foreseeable future,” a spokesman said.

It was claimed that the move had been “under discussion and in train for some months” - prior to the recent release of the files.

“We remain extremely proud of the work of the trust over recent years,” the statement said.

“We have partnered with over 60 other charities in over 20 countries, providing education, healthcare, crisis response and environmental projects.”

Andrew is currently living in Sandringham. Ms Ferguson has indicated she does not intend to join him in the near future.

Comments

Latest Edition

The Nightly cover for 17-02-2026

Latest Edition

Edition Edition 17 February 202617 February 2026

Respected Sydney GP’s campaign to bring ISIS families back to Australia.