Meghan Markle’s acting comeback revealed for Netflix as she and Prince Harry prepare to return to UK
The Duchess of Sussex is set to make a major career move as she and Prince Harry prepare to return to Britain with their children.
The Duchess of Sussex is reportedly in advanced talks to return to acting in the third season of Guy Ritchie’s Netflix series The Gentlemen.
Meghan is in discussions to join the cast of the hit series, although it is not yet known how many episodes she would appear in, according to the UK Telegraph.
The potential role would mark another major step back into acting for Meghan, who left the profession after marrying Prince Harry.
Sign up to The Nightly's newsletters.
Get the first look at the digital newspaper, curated daily stories and breaking headlines delivered to your inbox.
By continuing you agree to our Terms and Privacy Policy.The series is filmed in Britain and is based on Ritchie’s 2019 film of the same name.
The Gentlemen stars Theo James as a British aristocrat who inherits his family estate, only to discover it is being used as the base for an underground cannabis operation.
A third season has not yet officially been confirmed, although the first season was a major success for Netflix.
The news comes after entertainment sources told news.com.au on Thursday that Meghan had been offered a role in an upcoming project set in Britain.
Sources close to the Sussexes have not denied the report.
The potential Netflix role also comes as Harry and Meghan prepare to return to Britain later this month with their children, Prince Archie, seven, and Princess Lilibet, five.

The family is expected to move from the US to a private, non-royal home believed to be outside London, with their children already enrolled at a British school ahead of the new term.
It is understood the offer of the acting role was one factor in the family’s decision to relocate, although it was not the sole reason.
Meghan was best known for playing lawyer Rachel Zane on the US legal drama Suits, appearing in seven seasons before stepping away from acting in 2017.

She left the show as her relationship with Harry became public and she prepared to take on life as a member of the Royal Family.
At the time, she told the BBC she viewed her departure from acting as “a new chapter”.
She returned to the screen for the first time in almost a decade in the upcoming comedy Close Personal Friends, in which she plays herself alongside Lily Collins and Brie Larson.
Her return to the screen follows news that she will make a cameo as herself in Close Personal Friends, alongside Lily Collins, Brie Larson, Henry Golding and Jack Quaid.
Despite leaving acting behind, Meghan has remained involved in entertainment through commercial projects with Netflix under her and Harry’s production company, Archewell Productions.
The couple previously signed a five-year, US$100 million ($139 million) deal with the streaming giant. The partnership effectively ended last year amid reports in Variety that relations between key Netflix executives and the couple had deteriorated.


Their projects included a six-part documentary about their lives, a polo documentary and the lifestyle series With Love, Meghan, which failed to break into Netflix’s top 1000 most-watched programs.
The Sussexes will retain their properties in Montecito, California, and Portugal, while Meghan is expected to continue operating her US-based lifestyle brand As Ever from Britain.
The couple will remain private citizens and non-working royals following their move.
Harry is understood to want to rebuild his relationship with his father, the King, and hopes returning to Britain and avoiding public discussion of private family matters will help restore trust.

Meghan’s possible return to acting also revives questions about her decision to leave the profession when she joined the Royal Family.
Royal biographer Andrew Morton previously said the late Queen had made it clear Meghan could continue acting if she did not want to take on full-time royal duties.
“[The Sussexes] were given a degree of latitude,” Morton told the Royally Obsessed podcast.
“They did say to Meghan: ‘If you don’t want to embrace royal duties full time, please be our guest and continue your acting career.’ Those opportunities were open to her.”
