I’m A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here: Network 10 axes TV show hosted by Robert Irwin and Julia Morris

Network 10 has sensationally axed long-running reality show I’m A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here after 11 years on air.

Kellie Balaam
PerthNow
Budget cuts are forcing big changes for Robert Irwin and Julia Morris on I’m A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here
Budget cuts are forcing big changes for Robert Irwin and Julia Morris on I’m A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here Credit: Paramount

Network 10 has sensationally axed long-running reality show I’m A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here after 11 years on air.

The network made the announcement on Friday, saying the company will be focusing on other content.

“We have made the decision to rest I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here! in 2027 as we focus on offering our audience a range of content on all platforms,” a spokesperson said.

Sign up to The Nightly's newsletters.

Get the first look at the digital newspaper, curated daily stories and breaking headlines delivered to your inbox.

Email Us
By continuing you agree to our Terms and Privacy Policy.

However, it seems it won’t be the last time Network 10 viewers see co-hosts Julia Morris and Robert Irwin, after the spokesperson added: “We look forward to working with Julia Morris and Robert Irwin on other projects.”

Irwin, who joined the show in 2023 to replace Morris’ long-time co-host Dr Chris Brown, released an emotional statement about the show’s exit.

“I want to express what an absolute privilege it has been to work on this show for the past three seasons,” he said.

“I grew up watching this show as so many Aussies do, so to be part of the fantastic team that make this series a reality felt like a dream come true.

“We have had the honour of sharing incredible stories and create a platform to shine a light on amazing charities that our celebrities have supported along the way. And to do it all alongside my co-host, and friend, Julia Morris made it a truly life-changing experience that I will remember for the rest of my life.”

It comes after rumours about the show ending emerged last week.

TV Blackbox suggested at the time that the apparent cancellation was down to budget cuts within the network.

The Sydney Morning Herald also reported that several sources from 10 and production company ITV Studios Australia claimed the network was keen to keep the show running, but the costs were proving to be too high with the current format.

I’m A Celeb, which first launched in 2015, follows a host of celebrities as they head into the South African jungle to face horrifying challenges with the goal of winning $100,000 for their chosen charity.

Last year, Aussie comedian and Triple J breakfast co-host Concetta Caristo was crowned Jungle Queen.

Former NRL star Sam Thaiday, Abbie Chatfield, Casey Donovan and Brendan Fevola have also being named winners of previous seasons.

Originally published on PerthNow

Comments

Latest Edition

The Nightly cover for 21-05-2026

Latest Edition

Edition Edition 21 May 202621 May 2026

Jim Chalmers defends the fineprint in the face of Budget backlash.