AFL

Video
Tess Crosley has shared a birthday message for ex Ben.

Tess Crosley’s surprise birthday message to ex-lover

A surprising social media post has sparked fresh intrigue months after the scandal erupted.

Updated
Read more (2 min) →
Video
Dean Cox and captain Callum Mills will lead Sydney into the finals without three of their very best stars.

Jarring situation facing AFL as ‘lame duck’ Sydney enters final

The Swans are at ‘the bottom of the ocean’ as the scandal continues to send shockwaves through the entire industry.

Updated
Read more (3 min) →
Sydney CEO Matthew Pavlich is urging fans to stick by the Swans ahead of the final round match. (Bianca De Marchi/AAP PHOTOS)

'Keep supporting us': Pavlich’s message for Sydney fans

Sydney chief executive Matthew Pavlich has directly apologised to fans and asked them to stick by the embattled club who will next play on Sunday.

Updated
Read more (3 min) →

Sign up to The Nightly's newsletters.

Get the first look at the digital newspaper, curated daily stories and breaking headlines delivered to your inbox.

Email Us
By continuing you agree to our Terms and Privacy Policy.
Video
7NEWS can reveal drug use was involved in the Sydney Swans hotel scandal.

Bombshell new drug allegations emerge in Swans hotel scandal

Explosive details from inside the room can be revealed for the first time.

Updated
Read more (3 min) →
Video
The Swans have suspended Riley Bice, Chad Warner, Isaac Heeney, Nick Blakey and James Jordon.

Banned AFL players break silence amid sex assault claims

The five Sydney Swans players who have been suspended for the rest of the AFL season amid a police investigation into an alleged sexual assault have issued a joint statement.

Updated
Read more (3 min) →
Isaac Heeney won’t be considered for All-Australian selection in 2026.

Banned Swans out of contention for All-Aus selection

The AFL has announced the five Sydney Swans players stood down for a serious breach of club standards won’t be eligible for All-Australian selection. 

Updated
Read more (1 min) →
Video
Heeney’s Little Isaac Footy Fever series was released on August 4, and had been promoted by the publisher, with posts about the books appearing on its social media channels.

Heeney’s kids’ book publisher breaks silence amid scandal

The publisher of Isaac Heeney’s children’s books has revealed what’s next for the series as the Sydney Swans star faces a police investigation.

Updated
Read more (3 min) →
Video
Isaac Heeney has been handed a season-ending ban.

Major sponsor takes action on AFL stars amid sex assault investigation

The superstar has effectively been stood down pending the police investigation.

Updated
Read more (3 min) →
Video
Swans officials have again fronted the media to answer questions about an alleged sexual assault. (Bianca De Marchi/AAP PHOTOS)

Drugs 'potentially' part of police probe into Swans

Sydney's chief executive says if drugs were involved in the hotel incident involving five now-banned players it is potentially part of the police investigation.

Updated
Read more (2 min) →
Video
Scandal storm: captain Wayne Carey announces he will quit North Melbourne in March, 2002. (Julian Smith/AAP PHOTOS)

The biggest modern-day controversies of the AFL

Five Swans players, including star Isaac Heeney, have been banned for the rest of the season in one of the biggest controversies the AFL has ever witnessed.

Updated
Read more (3 min) →
Video
Swans CEO Matthew Pavlich and chair Andrew Pridham on Wednesday.

‘Deeply embarrassed & ashamed’: Swans bosses on player bans

Sydney chair Andrew Pridham says banned Swans players are ‘extremely remorseful for their actions’ and says the decision to ‘effectively torpedo our season’ showed how seriously the club had taken the matter.

Updated
Read more (2 min) →
Video
Chad Warner and Isaac Heeney.

SEASON OVER: Swans players hit with massive suspension

Sydney have stood down five players for the remainder of the AFL season – including finals – in the wake of what the club described as a ‘serious breach of expected club behaviour and standards’.

Updated
Read more (3 min) →
The Swans have suspended Riley Bice, Chad Warner, Isaac Heeney, Nick Blakey and James Jordon. (Susie Dodds/AAP PHOTOS)

Sydney Swans 'torpedo' season by banning five players

Sydney hierarchy believe they have ‘torpedoed’ their season by banning five players for their behaviour at a hotel as a police investigation continues.

Updated
Read more (2 min) →
Video
Callum Mills has apologised to the wider AFLW playing group as the investigation into sexual assault allegations against at least one of his teammates continues.

Sydney captain makes major statement amid police investigation

Callum Mills has taken it upon himself to issue an apology as the scandal continues to rock the club.

Updated
Read more (1 min) →
Video
Sydney players are being interviewed by the AFL club ahead of a board meeting. (Scott Barbour/AAP PHOTOS)

Swans board meet after ‘serious breach’ of clubs standards

The Sydney Swans board will meet tonight to determine the fate of players involved in an alleged sexual assault after what they described as a ‘serious breach’ of club standards.

Updated
Read more (2 min) →
AFL chief executive Andrew Dillon says the conduct and serious allegations regarding Sydney players are “deeply concerning”.

‘Deeply concerning’: AFL release statement on Swans

The AFL has broken its silence over the ‘deeply concerning’ alleged sexual assault incident involving Sydney Swans players.

Updated
Read more (6 min) →
Video
Isaac Heeney is the focus of the police investigation into an alleged sexual assault.

Sydney Swans poster boy Isaac Heeney the focus of police probe

The 30-year-old club leader is the only player who attended the police station to speak with detectives.

Updated
Read more (5 min) →
Video
Sydney Swans CEO Matthew Pavlich walks out of Swans HQ to speak to the media.

New claims emerge in Swans assault investigation

The board of the Sydney Swans will meet in the next 24 hours as the AFL club remains at the centre of a police investigation into an alleged sexual assault in Melbourne. 

Updated
Read more (5 min) →