Stockton, California shooting: Four people killed in allegedly targeted shooting at child’s birthday party

Four people have been killed after more than a dozen people were shot at a family gathering in California.
Sheriff’s officials said the shooting took place during a gathering at a banquet hall in the northern California city of Stockton on Saturday night.
Stockton’s vice mayor Jason Lee confirmed in a Facebook post the family was gathering to attend a child’s birthday party.
Sign up to The Nightly's newsletters.
Get the first look at the digital newspaper, curated daily stories and breaking headlines delivered to your inbox.
By continuing you agree to our Terms and Privacy Policy.The San Joaquin County Sheriff’s Office said deputies were investigating and several victims had been taken to hospital.
Sheriff’s office spokeswoman Heather Brent said the victims included children and adults.
Early indications “suggest this may have been a targeted incident”, Brent told reporters at the scene.
It occurred inside the banquet hall, which shares a parking lot with other businesses.
Detectives were still working to identify a possible motive.
Authorities did not immediately provide information about the conditions of the victims.
with AP
Originally published on Reuters
